Monday, January 24, 2011

Spiced Honey Pretzels

It never fails, after the Christmas/New Year’s season is gone and all of the chex mix making is complete….I find myself with a bag of pretzel sticks that I will never eat just by themselves.

So getting ready for some of my friends to get into town to help me celebrate my birthday, I decided to look for a way to “spice” them up and to have a nice new improved snack for us. I found a great new recipe in “Taste of Home’s Comfort Food Diet Cookbook” that turned boring hum drum pretzels sticks into something with a little hmmm, what is that?

Ingredients:
4 cups thin pretzel sticks
3 Tbl honey
2 tsp butter, melted
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp chili powder

Line a large baking pan with foil; coat with cooking spray. Place pretzels in a large bowl.

In a smaller bowl, combine honey, butter, onion powder and chili powder and mix well. I warmed mine up for about 20 secs so it would pour easier. Pour over pretzels; toss to coat evenly. Spread onto the prepared pan.

Bake at 350 for 8 minutes, stirring once. Cool on a wire rack, stirring gently several times to separate.

*Note: I did find it quite odd putting sticks on a wire rack (hello! they’re just going to fall through), so I put a plate underneath to catch them when they did indeed fall through. It doesn’t take these interesting sticks long to cool off….so start breaking them up as soon as you take them out of oven. Also, don’t overcook them! They have honey and the sugars will burn.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment