Monday, January 10, 2011

Baked Potato with Chili

Ok, I know this looks like a big pile of chili but I promise there is a potato under there! This is a great go to for weekend lunches, sack lunch at work or even a quick mid-week dinner.

I used a 3 oz potato just to save on points but feel free to use a larger one; just remember to adjust your points accordingly.

Ingredients:
1 cup Hormel Vegetarian Chili with beans 99% fat free
1 baked potato
Green onions to taste
Scoop of sour cream

I don’t normally use canned chili but this is a great alternative if you are in a pinch and need something in a hurry. Hormel has lots of different varieties but last time I checked, this vegetarian bean chili was pretty conservative in the points department. An entire cup has only 4 points plus, making the entire meal 5 points plus! Pretty good for a warm and filling lunch.

*Note: Hormel has listed the serving size as one cup and it states there are two servings in the can….I didn’t get quite two cups, so next time I’ll probably cut it down to ¾ cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment