Monday, August 22, 2011

Western Omelet Wrap

Breakfast- For me, it’s a necessity. Not an option. A must. I am a morning person so I always have something for breakfast before I rush out the door. This is not to say I don’t hit the snooze button like the rest of the world, but I always have enough time to grab some grub before starting the work day.

So on weekend mornings I like to take a little more time in the kitchen and prepare something I normally wouldn’t do on a weekday. Recently, I have been on a “clean out the kitchen and refrigerator and only buy necessities” kick….so as I glanced in the fridge I saw: some black beans left over from homemade nachos this past week, one tortilla, a bell pepper I was going to use for dinner this week, half an onion, and egg beaters. And of course the staples of the fridge….salsa, jalapenos, sour cream and shredded cheese.

So here goes the “Western Omelet Wrap”

Feel free to alter the amounts dependant on the number of people that will be eating with you but this recipe does not require exacts. It’s a preference thing…so I’m not even going to bother.

Enjoy your concoction of your leftover fridge items!


No comments:

Post a Comment