Sunday, February 13, 2011

SUNDAY SLOWCOOKER: Baked Potatoes



The slow cooker/crock pot has to be one of the most versatile cooking utensils. I put this thing to work at least once a week and it continues to amaze me. I had NEVER thought of putting potatoes in the crock pot to turn them into baked potatoes....but one food day discussion at work, it was decided we would try it.

So the night before our food day, I packed my crock pot full of potatoes wrapped in foil. No butter needed.....just a little washing and some sea salt. Turned them on before I went to bed and let them cook on low all night. I kept them on low for about 10 hours and then to warm until it was lunch time.

The result: the softest baked potato ever! No hard spots in some places...no constant squeezing to make sure they're done....the easiest baked potato I've ever prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment