Monday, February 7, 2011

Leftover morning omelet

I always seem to find myself left with a ¼ of an onion….a handful of mushrooms….maybe some sort of greens (spinach or collard)…and if I’m lucky some ham or turkey. When it’s time to clean out the fridge, I turn all of these ingredients into a wonderful satisfying and healthy breakfast omelet. So take your leftovers, whatever they may be, and make your own concoction! Serve some fruit alongside and you’ll be set deep into the morning hours.

Ingredients:
Let your fridge do the talking!!

But I used:
Chopped onion
Sliced mushrooms
3 slices of Canadian bacon
Handful of collard greens
½ cup egg beaters

Sauté all the ingredients except the egg beaters. When they have reached your desired doneness, add the egg beaters. Freshly grated white sharp cheese would be a nice addition but my fridge didn’t have any of that.

My healthy breakfast turned out to be only two points plus!

Other things you might not think of throwing in there…. Tomatoes, asparagus, broccoli, sliced turkey…just think of an omelet bar at a hotel.
Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment