Thursday, July 22, 2010

Crazy Food Combinations....

Everyone knows the regular combinations:
  • Spaghetti and meatballs
  • Oil and Vinegar
  • Mashed potatoes and gravy
  • Bread and butter
  • Fish and Chips (the English variety of course)
  • Peanut butter and jelly
  • Pizza and beer

But have you heard of these??

  • Salt on watermelon (I think more of a southern tradition)
  • Cottage cheese and tomatoes
  • Ketchup on Doritos
  • Pretzels and Carmel with vanilla ice cream

And some new ones I learned about just this week....

  • Salt on nectarines
  • Peanuts in soda
  • Chili powder and fresh lime juice sprinkled on watermelon

Let me leave you with an interesting challenge that was placed before me at my Weight Watchers meeting tonight....look through the produce aisle at your local grocer and pick a vegetable you have never tried before. Research how to cook and prepare and give it a try!

Happy eating from your Everyday Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment