Friday, March 18, 2011

Chicken and Napa Cabbage Salad

There are a few ingredients that always seem to catch my eye. If you’ve been reading my blog for long, you probably know I prefer anything with blueberries, pumpkin and fresh ginger. But another one I haven’t written too much about is Asian sesame oil. It’s amazing the flavor this oil adds to any dish…especially if you want a more ethnic taste. It just takes a little bit….so only add it by the tsp!

Source: Weight Watchers Momentum Cookbook

Ingredients: entire recipe is 8 points plus
2 Tbl lime juice
2 tsp Asian (dark) sesame oil (2 points plus)
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
5 cups thinly sliced Napa cabbage
6 oz. shredded cooked chicken breast (6 points plus)
1 cup matchstick-cut carrots
1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
2 scallions, thinly sliced

To make the dressing, whisk together the lime juice, sesame oil, salt and pepper in a serving bowl.

Add the remaining ingredients to the dressing and toss to coat.

Note: With two teaspoons of oil, I almost thought it overpowered the freshness of the lime. Next time I think I’ll try one tsp and then add more if needed.

This is a fresh salad that can be enjoyed by two or as many as four. Just depends if you want it as your meal or a small side salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment