Monday, May 16, 2011

Jalapeno and Cheddar stuffed Burgers

For those of you that know me you will probably read that title and be surprised I actually WILLINGLY added Jalapeno's to a food creation of mine...but I did! And my mouth didn't burn off and I actually enjoyed it. So like I've said before, "Give it a try. You never know, you might like it!"


Ingredients: for 2 burgers
8 oz of lean ground turkey or beef
1 oz reduced fat cheddar cheese (I like Cabot)
sliced jalapenos from the jar
burger condiments you enjoy

Divide the meat into 4- 2 oz patties. On top of two patties, layer the sliced japs and cheese. Then enclose the japs and cheese with the other 2 oz patties.
Grill until your desired doneness and enjoy!


*Note- Cabot has a reduced fat cheddar that is two points plus for 1 oz. They also mark their packages with 1 oz sections so it's really easy to make sure you're getting the correct portion. Points for these burgers are going to vary depending on your meat choice...but it will range between 4-5 points plus per burger.

1 comment:

  1. I'll take two, please! You could try our habanero cheddar if you're feeling really adventurous! Thanks for the Cabot support :)
    ~Jacquelyn

    ReplyDelete